Bored and cold at home alone Monday nights? Want to do some fun exercise, keep warm and meet some new friends. Come join us for some exciting beach tennis games at Mooloolaba Tennis club, 7pm every Monday. Just bring yourself (and friends), warm clothes and a small contribution ($$$) for the court rental. Be ready for a good work out and lots of fun. 🙂
Contact student Wesley from Brazil or Teachers Simon or Dylan for more information.
Today we welcome 6 new faces to our campus! We hope you all enjoy your time here at Lexis Sunshine Coast 🙂
Andre is from Curitiba, Brazil where he worked in the food industry. He is here to learn English and to do some travel.
Manita is from Thailand where she was a student at Naresaun University. Her parents decided that Australia would be a good place for her to learn English.
Edson is from Lima, Peru where he was a student studying Economics at University. He has chosen to learn English in Australia as the quality of life is better than in Peru.
Mio is from Japan and she wants to travel the world. She has come to Australia to learn English because it is peaceful, the people are kind and it has beautiful views.
Honami is from Hokkaido, Japan where she was a physical therapist. She has come to Australia as she has never been to another country and she wants to have a new experience. Australia is a comfortable place.
Bartlomiej is from Chlopowo, Poland where he owns his own business as a physical therapist. He is also a lifeguard able to work at pools, inland waters and the sea. He is here to learn English to get a better job in his country and to get a contract for his business. He chose Australia because it is a beautiful place and it’s the best time for him to start the journey of a lifetime.
We wish you all the best with your studies/travels while you are here on the Sunshine Coast! 🙂
Looking for something to do on the weekend? Keen to check out more of the beautiful Sunshine Coast while you’re here? Read our list of Things To Do this weekend!
- The Eumundi Markets – a ‘must’ while you’re up on the Coast, you can find incredible handmade goods as well as unique treasures, delicious food and live music. The markets are on every Saturday 7am – 2pm, in Eumundi (20km west of Noosa Heads). Head to the Translink journey planner page to plan your journey.
- Grab a delicious breakky at The Nines cafe – waffles, pancakes, loaded hot chocolates, over-the-top milkshakes, smashed avo, burgers, delicious coffee and more – grab a bunch of your friends and go treat yourselves at The Nines cafes in Maroochydore. You’ll be taking lots of photos of the amazing food and drinks they serve!
- Get your coffee fix at Foster and Black – Located in Sunshine Plaza, Maroochydore, this is the perfect place for caffeinated pick-me-up before, during or after your shopping.
- Visit Sunshine Plaza – while you’re at it, have a wander through the many retailers and restaurants at Sunshine Plaza. Shopping is a great way to spend your free time!
- Mooloolaba River National Park walk – why not stretch your legs and feast your eyes on some of the most beautiful landscapes (and wildlife) that are found in the Mooloolaba River National Park. Enjoy a relaxed walk along the river or venture through the rainforest and feel refreshed and energised. Use these maps to help guide you along the beautiful trails.
- Stretch your body by doing some Yoga – a great way to wind down and look after your body, there are many beautiful spots along the beach or rivers to practise yoga. Or, go to a class at Phoenix Yoga in Maroochydore. They also offer Bikram (hot) yoga to really get you working! Check out the class timetable here.
- Go ‘Op Shopping’ – there are so many op shops around town, you’re bound to find unique treasures, cool threads and vintage everything! Check out ‘Beautiful You Cancer Charity’ in Maroochydore (7 Norval Court), ‘Sanctuary Op Shop’ in Mooloolaba (Shop 6, Corner Walan and Smith Street) or ‘Hope Charity Shop’ in Coolum (6 William Street).
- Climb Mt. Coolum – if you haven’t done so already! You’ll get amazing 360 views of the Sunshine Coast, and will see lots of wildlife and native plants along the way. The walk to the top of Mt. Coolum will take you approx. 2 hours return (1.6km return). Wear runners, take your camera and drink lots of water!
- Havana Nights Twilight Markets – treat your tastebuds and your ears this Saturday arvo at the Havana Nights Twilight Markets in Peregian Springs – a family friendly market with street food and live music. Enjoy a cocktail or two as the day turns into night and pick up a few market bargains while you’re there too! For more info check out the Facebook page.
- Sunday Sesh, Mexican-style! What better way to spend the last day of the weekend than chilling out with your friends in the sunshine, sipping on frozen margaritas and grazing on tacos all day long. La Canteena in Maroochydore boasts a laid back environment perfect for your Sunday Sesh needs!
19 Ocean Street Maroochydore.
Today we say goodbye to another group of our lovely students at Lexis Sunshine Coast!
The following students are graduating from Dave’s Sunset PET Class…
Angela is from Spain and showed impressive dedication to improve her speaking each class. She has strong listening and speaking skills and with practise will become a very good English communicator. Well done and good luck!
Sara is also from Spain and her English has become very strong since her first day in Dave’s class. She has very good (and creative) writing skills, good listening skills and is a strong reader. With practise her English will get to a level where it will open any door she wants. Great work and good luck!
Nicole is from Switzerland and is graduating from Dylan’s Pre-Intermediate Class. She always shows willingness to learn and participate in class activities. She was always present and engaged, and was a pleasure to have in Dylan’s class. All the best for the future!
Ina Lucia is from Brazil and is graduating from Ryan’s Pre-Intermediate Class. She is a confident and proactive speaker with great listening comprehension and excellent writing skills. Best wishes!
Tomoyuki is from Japan and is graduating from Sheryl’s Pre-Intermediate Class. He is a highly motivated and capable student and has achieved excellent test results. He helps and encourages other students and contributes original ideas to class discussions. Well done!
It was a pleasure having you all at Lexis Sunshine Coast and we wish you all the very best for the future! 🙂