Our Lexis Sunshine Coast students spent the afternoon making pancakes at the school here!
What a delicious way to end the school day then with some pancakes!
The students needed to follow the below recipe to make the pancakes and look how wonderfully delicious they turned out 🙂
Perfect Fluffy Pancakes Recipe
- 1½ Cups Flour
- 4 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 Egg
- 1¼ Cups Milk
- ¼ Cup Melted Butter + more for cooking
- ½ Teaspoon Vanilla Essence
- In a large bowl mix together the flour, baking powder and salt with a wooden spoon. Set to the side.
- In a smaller bowl crack in the egg and pour in the milk.
- Add the melted butter and vanilla essence to the egg and milk and use a fork to mix together until everything is well combined.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and pour in the wet. Fold the batter together with a wooden spoon until there are no longer any large lumps.
- To cook the pancakes heat a heavy based pan like cast iron over medium low heat. When the pan is hot add a small amount of butter and ⅓ cup of the pancakes batter.
- Cook the pancake for 2-3 minutes each side. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve the pancakes stacked high with butter and maple syrup. Enjoy.
DELICIOUS!!! Great work everyone. I hope you all enjoyed your afternoon activity.