Looking for something to do on the weekend? Keen to check out more of the beautiful Sunshine Coast while you’re here? Read our list of Things To Do this weekend!
- The Eumundi Markets – a ‘must’ while you’re up on the Coast, you can find incredible handmade goods as well as unique treasures, delicious food and live music. The markets are on every Saturday 7am – 2pm, in Eumundi (20km west of Noosa Heads). Head to the Translink journey planner page to plan your journey.
- Grab a delicious breakky at The Nines cafe – waffles, pancakes, loaded hot chocolates, over-the-top milkshakes, smashed avo, burgers, delicious coffee and more – grab a bunch of your friends and go treat yourselves at The Nines cafes in Maroochydore. You’ll be taking lots of photos of the amazing food and drinks they serve!
- Get your coffee fix at Foster and Black – Located in Sunshine Plaza, Maroochydore, this is the perfect place for caffeinated pick-me-up before, during or after your shopping.
- Visit Sunshine Plaza – while you’re at it, have a wander through the many retailers and restaurants at Sunshine Plaza. Shopping is a great way to spend your free time!
- Mooloolaba River National Park walk – why not stretch your legs and feast your eyes on some of the most beautiful landscapes (and wildlife) that are found in the Mooloolaba River National Park. Enjoy a relaxed walk along the river or venture through the rainforest and feel refreshed and energised. Use these maps to help guide you along the beautiful trails.
- Stretch your body by doing some Yoga – a great way to wind down and look after your body, there are many beautiful spots along the beach or rivers to practise yoga. Or, go to a class at Phoenix Yoga in Maroochydore. They also offer Bikram (hot) yoga to really get you working! Check out the class timetable here.
- Go ‘Op Shopping’ – there are so many op shops around town, you’re bound to find unique treasures, cool threads and vintage everything! Check out ‘Beautiful You Cancer Charity’ in Maroochydore (7 Norval Court), ‘Sanctuary Op Shop’ in Mooloolaba (Shop 6, Corner Walan and Smith Street) or ‘Hope Charity Shop’ in Coolum (6 William Street).
- Climb Mt. Coolum – if you haven’t done so already! You’ll get amazing 360 views of the Sunshine Coast, and will see lots of wildlife and native plants along the way. The walk to the top of Mt. Coolum will take you approx. 2 hours return (1.6km return). Wear runners, take your camera and drink lots of water!
- Havana Nights Twilight Markets – treat your tastebuds and your ears this Saturday arvo at the Havana Nights Twilight Markets in Peregian Springs – a family friendly market with street food and live music. Enjoy a cocktail or two as the day turns into night and pick up a few market bargains while you’re there too! For more info check out the Facebook page.
- Sunday Sesh, Mexican-style! What better way to spend the last day of the weekend than chilling out with your friends in the sunshine, sipping on frozen margaritas and grazing on tacos all day long. La Canteena in Maroochydore boasts a laid back environment perfect for your Sunday Sesh needs!
19 Ocean Street Maroochydore.