What could be better than wine tasting on a Friday afternoon?!
Thanks everyone for making this afternoon so much fun!
Happy Friday! 🍇🍓🍷✨
Ana is from Brazil and has been studying at Lexis for 10 weeks. She is graduating out of Melissa’s Elementary Class. She has made great progress since starting at Lexis and was a well-liked member of class. All the best Ana!
Maria is from Brazil and has been studying at Lexis for 10 weeks. She is graduating out of Ryan’s Pre-Intermediate Class. She was a pleasure to have in class and always had interesting comments and ideas. Good luck in the future Maria!
Pedro is from Brazil and has been studying at Lexis for 10 weeks. He is graduating out of Dylan & Nerissa’s Pre-Intermediate Class. Pedro is now able to express himself clearly and self-correct grammatical errors which shows a good understanding of what he has learnt and a good grasp of English. He was a pleasure to have in the class room. Good luck Pedro!
Austin is from Korea and has been studying at Lexis for 12 weeks. He is graduating out of Hayley’s Intermediate Class. He is a friendly, helpful and enthusiastic student and has consistently achieved excellent results. He interacts extremely well with other students and always made valuable contributions to class discussions. We wish you all the best for your future Austin!
Jonathas is from Brazil and has been studying at Lexis for 24 weeks. He is graduating out of Simon’s Cambridge FCE Class. He is a highly motivated student who worked really hard despite having a busy schedule. He has worked well with other students and valued contributions in class. We wish you the very best Jonathas!
Luiz is from Brazil and has been studying at Lexis for 16 weeks. He is graduating out of Steve’s IELTS Class. He is a pleasant student who has very good oral communication skills and regularly contributes to class discussions. He has shown signs of improvement in most of his academic English skills. All the best Luiz!
Marta is from Spain and has been studying at Lexis for 20 weeks. She is graduating out of Steve’s IELTS Class. Although Marta had only just recently joined the IELTS Class, she has a sound understanding of high-level lexical and grammatical structures. She communicates fluently with her peers and always contributes to class discussion. Best of luck in the future Marta!
Rie was not at school today but she is from Japan and has been studying at Lexis for a total of 36 weeks. She is graduating out of Steve’s IELTS Class. She has worked extremely hard to improve her English language skills and has demonstrated the ability to use language flexibly and effectively for social and academic purposes. Good Luck Rie!
Today we welcome 5 new Military National Guard Officers from Saudi Arabia. Welcome to Lexis, we hope you enjoy your time here in Australia and the Sunshine Coast. 😊
A big welcome to our new students at joining us on the Sunshine Coast today!
Kairi is from Japan where she is a student studying to be a flight attendant. She is here to study because she will need English for work in the future.
Yuto is also from Japan where he works as a Veterinarian. He wants to improve his English to get his Veterinarian License in Australia. He also wants to surf and travel while here!
Kyra is from Belp, Switzerland where she is a Nurse. She has chosen to come to Australia to study so that she can speak better with people, read papers in English and because it is easier to travel.
Joel is from Thusis, Switzerland where he works as a Carpenter. He is wanting to learn English because he likes to speak it and he may need it in the future for work, he chose Australia because he thinks it is a great country.
Nitchapan is from Bangkok, Thailand where she wants to work in a big company. She is here because she believes her English is very low and she thinks Australia is a beautiful country.
Anchalee is from Pathumthanee, Thailand where she works as a Golf Caddy. She is here because she wants to be able to speak to people in English and to understand it.
Patrick is from Switzerland, he is here to learn English to use for travelling!
Natthanan is from Chonburi, Thailand where he builds Condominium’s with his father. He is here to study English because where he lives has many foreign people and he chose to study in Australia because it is a beautiful safe country 🙂
We hope you had the best first day! ✨
On Friday afternoon nine students were lucky enough to head down to Cotton Tree beach for a surf Lesson with the awesome team at Maroochy Surf School!
Although it was a little windy & overcast the waves were just perfect for beginners!
Nearly all the students managed to catch a wave & even stand up.
It was a perfect way to spend our Friday afternoon!
Remember we have surf lessons once a month, so if you haven’t tried it before we highly recommend that you do 🙂
A big congratulations to all of our graduating students at Lexis Sunshine Coast.
We are going to miss you all! Good luck in your next adventure 💙
Alex is from Brazil and is graduating out of peter’s Upper-Intermediate Class, he has been in Australia for seven months
What has been the best thing about coming to Australia/ Sunshine Coast & Studying at Lexis English?
“In my opinion was to get to know some friends and good teachers. It was a life experience for me. I’m so happy.”
Has your English improved since starting at Lexis & what tips would you give someone that wants to learn English?
“Yes. I have improved my English day by day in the school, on the street, in everywhere. My tip is to study hard but sometimes have some fun.” (awesome tip Alex!)
Honestly, there’s nothing worse than when a weekend rocks around and you’ve got loads of free time but your bank balance doesn’t wanna play ball. Srlsy, it’s just plain rude!
So to stop you wallowing over all those zeros filling up the screen, we’re going to put you out of your misery with 20 seriously awesome and FREE things to do on the Sunshine Coast this weekend. How many can you squeeze in?
1. Dust off that tutu and grab the coloured hair spray because Eumundi Markets is hosting the Pride Paws Parade for your glamorous pooches this Saturday.
2. Spend your Sunday at Cooroy Originals this weekend! It’s only happening four times this year, folks, so now is the chance. The Counterfeit Umbrellas, Tailor Birds, Phenix amd Jamie-Lee Griffiths Music are all taking to the stage, so head here from 12pm for a seriously relaxed Sunday sesh. Expect: buskers, food vans —including one of our faves, Vanteen—and a whole lotta bohemian vibes.
3. No money for a gym membership? No wakkas! Create your own DIY Bootcamp on Mooloolaba beach at dawn and convince your morning go-getter friends to join. #embracetheday
4. Calling all Sunshine Coast green thumb enthusiasts (screams into megaphone). Gather your succulents and leafy greens, and exchange them for something different at this awesome Plant Swap event in Caloundra.
5. If you loathe pre-loved well, EVERYTHING, then check out these op shops this weekend. Remember it’s free to window-shop, but if you wanna take something home—it’s gonna cost you.
6. Ignore TLC and go chase those waterfalls because they’re bloody beautiful and full of serenity. Oh and since we’re talking about serenity, stay in theme and check out Buderim’s Serenity Falls.
7. The Mooloolaba Collective Markets are happening this Sunday, so even if you’re saving your pennies, it’s still worth a wander through for those warm community feels. Ya know what we mean?
8. Connect with your inner zen, grab a book (we’re loving these new summer reads) and find a shady spot, preferably under a tree and close to the beach, just in case you want to go for a quick dip.
9. Nothing beats packing the Esky full of cold ones and luring your mates to a friendly game of beach cricket. Don’t forget the sunscreen and… loser buys the next slab!
10. We don’t know if you’ve heard, but behind The Boat Shed in Cotton Tree is a little beach with no waves; perfect for those who hate being dumped or swallowed by currents.
11. Bird watch and chant “cooee” along a chunk of the Sunshine Coast Hinterland Great Walk. Ahh! The serenity.
12. Watch the sunset from Point Cartwright. Need we say more?
13. Who doesn’t love a garden party? Do up a ridic cheese platter, then open your home to a rowdy bunch of alcoholics who you call your friends.
14. The Sunshine Coast Pride Festival has your entire weekend sorted from Friday to Saturday. Join in with the fun and activities and celebrate being awesome.
15. The beach. Seriously, we live on the Sunshine Coast. If you don’t love the beach … are you really living?
16. Grab a camera and take photos. Simple. You’d be surprised at how beautiful the coast is through a lens.
17. Create a bucket list for when you’re not poor! It builds saving momentum.
18. Sign up for a no-strings-attached trial at a gym. And then do the same next week at another gym. You’ll be fit and healthy before you know it.
19. Go exploring. Check out the prettiest walks on the Sunshine Coast. You’ll have buns of steel in no time.
20. Who doesn’t love chilling under the stars? Find a friend and a blanket and set up camp under the starry sky. Hey, you might even see a shooting star!
Image Credit: Amy Higg for Metropolist