Today students from Lexis Sunshine Coast got to experience a huge event on the Australian calendar – The Melbourne Cup!
Activities and fun started at 1pm with in class Sweep stakes being organised, then all the students ventured to the Common Room for the Fashion Parade!
Congratulations to Dafine and Kae who took out Best Dressed Male and Female!
Then the Champagne was flowing ready for the race at 2pm!
Congratulations to the students who picked #19 Prince of Penzance!
Today we welcomed 12 awesome new students to Lexis English Sunshine Coast!
A huge welcome to Corine, Annegret, Dominic, Nico, Celia from Switzerland, Miguel from Spain, Larissa and Lena from Germany, Rei from Japan, Celine from France and Minseong from Korea!
Welcome – we hope you enjoy your time here!
Check out some of the new jobs available here in the area available for students.
Apply online at http://www.indeed.com.au and come along to our job workshop on a Monday at 2pm!
Peter Alexander – Maroochydore
Are you ready to join our team at our Peter Alexander store, Maroochydore as a casual Sales Assistant?
You will provide exceptional customer service, be great at maximising sales and will take pride in maintaining the store presentation.
- What will you be responsible for?
- being an ambassador of the brand
- driving and processing store sales
- assisting with store housekeeping
- visual merchandising within the store
- attending store meetings
- What do you need to have to get the role?
- understand how to treat our customers
- have a spectacular sales record
- have brilliant problem solving skills
- be great a great team player
- have a passion for fashion!
- have a desire to work for a spectacular employer
Waitress – Char – Mooloolaba
Wait staff for Up Market / Fine Dining restaurant
We are looking for a friendly and happy person for our waiter/waitress position that we have open. Experience in up market, fine dining waiting an advantage. This is for a casual longish term position. Ideal for a student. Hours increasing as we hit the busy season.
Kitchen Hand – Sands Tavern – Maroochydore
What will I be doing?
- Assisting Chefs with food preparation and cleaning duties throughout the kitchen
- Ensure food and hygiene standards and procedures are followed to a tee
- Work with kitchen team members: support each other to get things done
- Continually striving towards delivering the best customer experience
- Follow direction and guidance from leaders
- What do I need to have?
- Some form of previous kitchen hand experience in high volume kitchen environment is ideal
- The willingness to provide a great dining experience for customers every time
- Be an enthusiastic team player: support team members
- These positions are Casualand require flexible availability to meet our customer needs (includes nights, splits and weekend work)
Check out what we have planned for the Activities in November!
This Tuesday (3rd November) at 1pm we will begin celebrations for the Melbourne Cup Race.
1pm – Morning Class Sweepstakes
1.30pm – Fashion Parade (Best Dressed male and female will win a prize)
2pm Champagne and celebrations to watch the race at 2.10pm
Be there – 1pm in the Common Room!
Get ready for the race that stops the Nation!
Today we welcomed 9 new fabulous students to Lexis Sunshine Coast!
Welcome to Ching-Yi and Ching-Heng from Taiwan, Massimiliano from Italy, Julie, Florian and Gian-Luca from Switzerland, Zhirong from China, Ester from Spain and Yeon Soo from Korea!
Welcome, we hope you enjoy your time studying and living on the Sunshine Coast!
Today classes celebrate the end of their textbook as next week their classes will change again to start week 1.
Lots of class parties and birthday celebrations!